Fresh Studio, the leading agriculture consulting and R&D firm of Southeast Asia is looking for an Chief Accountant
Fresh Studio is the leading agriculture consultancy and R&D firm in Southeast Asia. Our mission is to make our clients successful in the sustainable production and marketing of food. Since 2006, we have worked passionately to achieve this mission and assist our clients to improve all practices from farm to fork. Our professional international and multi-disciplinary team of 50 people works from five offices and two R&D locations. We focus with on offering services in Vietnam and Myanmar, but also work occasionally outside these two countries. Over the past fifteen years we have built a multicultural team of experienced and talented professionals that share our mission, vision, and values to further develop the agricultural sector in Vietnam and Myanmar in specific. Besides our consultants working on various projects, we have a back-office team which includes our accounting team, responsible for our company accounting. To strengthen our accounting team in Vietnam, we are looking for a Chief Accountant to be based at our office in HCMC. For more information about Fresh Studio, visit our website www.freshstudio.vn.
As Chief Accountant of Fresh Studio, you will work in a fast growing and dynamic company, where you will have the chance to contribute your expertise to our exciting agri-business projects. Our client portfolio consists of leading international and domestic companies, ensuring that we often work on cutting edge projects. These are often innovative assignments, with a lot of positive impact on farmer income, a more sustainable way of production, healthier food for the consumer and success for our client.
As a Chief Accountant, you can contribute to our mission by being responsible for the operation of the finance and accounting of Fresh Studio. Besides company finance & accounting, you are also responsible for the accounting, reporting and cost control of each individual project.
The main responsibilities of this position are:
- Manage and improve the accounting control system;
- Ensure that the company complies with all the accounting principles, government laws and regulations related to finance and accounting
- Ensure timely delivery of reports as required by the relevant Vietnamese government departments
- Prepare monthly financial statement and management reports, such as rolling cashflow forecasts, project status reports of actual vs budget
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of internal management reports to the BOM
- Following and controlling the revenue and cost of each project; ensuring it is within budget
- Timely Tax declaration and finalization (CIT, FCT, VAT…)
- Perform monthly reconciliation of debtors, creditors, and bank balances, audit schedule report. Investigate possible discrepancies and if needed, follow up outstanding items.
- Coordinate and supervise the annual financial company and project audits
- Managing external relationships with external auditors, tax authorities, banks, relevant government organizations relating to accounting and finance matters
- Keeping policies and procedures up to date and in line with Vietnamese changes in laws related to tax/vat/etc. Develop new ones if required and ensure FS Vietnam employees comply with company procedures related to finance/accounting and guide them to comply
- Check and ensure all contracts with vendors and clients are consistent; keep track of all the contracts in filling properly
- Manage any reports including periodic and ad-hoc reports & tasks are assigned by the Board of Management
Desired qualifications and skills: our ideal candidate
You combine a good education, such as a MSc degree in finance or accounting, with work experience as Chief Accountant in a services firm and ideally also with experience in the agri-business sector. From a content point of view, you are strong in both financial accounting, as well as management accounting. You love working with numbers, large datasets, can think in database structures, and use numbers to develop insights to improve the management of the company. You are a very structured, pro-active, and processed oriented person, who is driven and responsible to ensure a well arranged back-office. You are able to manage your time well and find a good balance between meeting deadlines and level of detail of your work.
Qualifications and skills
- A university degree in finance, economics or accounting
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Chief Accountant function
- Work experience in in a (project based) services firm and/or the agri-business sector will be considered an advantage
- Deep knowledge of tax and accounting laws
- Excellence both in oral and written Vietnamese and English
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizing and planning skills and attention to details
- Able to work independently while being a team player with a hands-on mentality
If you are interested in this position, please send us your motivation letter, CV detailing your qualifications and previous experience. Please send this to: email@example.com