Fresh Studio, the leading agriculture consulting firm of Southeast Asia is looking for a Senior Agronomist
Fresh Studio is the leading agriculture consultancy and R&D firm in Southeast Asia. Our mission is to make our clients successful in the sustainable production and marketing of food. Since 2006, we have worked passionately to achieve this mission and assist our clients to improve all practices from farm to fork. Our professional international and multi-disciplinary team of 60 people works from five offices and two R&D locations. We focus with our business on Vietnam and Myanmar, but also work occasionally outside these two countries.
Over the past fifteen years we have built a multicultural team of experienced and talented professionals that share our mission, vision, and values to further develop the agricultural sector in Asia and Vietnam and Myanmar in specific. As a growing business, we continue to look for dynamic and self-motivated individuals that can contribute to our team and add value for our projects and clients.
To further strengthen our team of consultants working on improving the production of fruits and vegetables in South-Vietnam, we are looking for a Senior Agronomist to be based at our Dalat office.
For more information about Fresh Studio, visit our website http://www.freshstudio.vn
Desired qualifications and skills: Our ideal candidate
You have a passion for growing vegetables or fruits, a strong drive to introduce new technologies to growers to make them more successful in the production of their crops and care that their crops are produced sustainable and in compliance with food safety standards. Furthermore, you care about the financial implications of changing production techniques on the income generated by famers and across the supply chain.
You graduated in the field of Horticulture or Agriculture production technologies / economics and are looking for an opportunity to put your skills knowledge to work. You are a people person who enjoys working in an authentic working environment with transparency and passion. You are willing to bring a high degree of professionalism and enthusiasm to your job.
I. Duties and responsibilities
- Data collection form farmers and other parties involved in a supply chain
- Setup and monitor trials of new agricultural technologies
- Provide technical support to farmers and farmer groups
- Develop and provide training to farmers and farmer groups
- Arrange field days to share new knowledge and technologies to local farmers and other interested persons
- Support farmers and farmers groups to apply food safety systems incl. traceability and record keeping
- Support any other assigned activities related t
II. Desired qualifications
Minimum Educational Requirement:
- Graduated in Horticulture or Agriculture production technologies / economics (MSc).
- At least 5-year experience with vegetable and or fruit production or value chain development
- Experience in the production of vegetables and fruits, experience in the training of famers and or experience in financial analyse of agricultural production systems is an advantage.
- Excellent in both verbal and written Vietnamese
- Good English communication, writing and reporting skills
Special Skills Required
- Good communication skills (with local farmers)
- A strong passion to learn and develop new agriculture technologies and knowledge and make them available for farmers
- Basic word, Excel, PowerPoint skills
- Ability to work on your own as well as part of a team
- Enjoy working in an authentic working environment with transparency & passion
If this sounds good to you then send us your motivation letter, CV detailing your qualifications and previous experience. Please send this to: firstname.lastname@example.org