Fresh Studio is requested by the Center for the Promotion of Imports from Developing Countries (CBI) to assist with the recruitment of Vietnamese food ingredient companies to participate in a 4 year Export Coaching Program (ECP) which focusses on the EU market.
The ECP is developed for ambitious entrepreneurs in developing countries as Vietnam. The aim of the program is to promote and enhance the competitive position of value added food ingredient products for the export to EU food and beverage markets.
In order to meet the legislations and market requirements of European countries participating companies are trained, coached and advised about important export aspects. This includes product development, packaging, quality management and marketing.
Furthermore, the engaged companies have the opportunity to meet and build business relationships with potential clients at trade fairs and exhibitions in Europe.
Many active companies in the Vietnamese food ingredients sector are eager to participate in the program. Fresh Studio implemented the following steps in order to recruit the most suitable companies for the program:
- Performed desk research to find food ingredient businesses who meet the CBI selection criteria;
- Pre-selected potential companies;
- Organized information sessions about CBI ECP for potential companies and supported them to fill in CBI application forms;
- Sent the list of the pre-selected companies to CBI for reviewing and short-listing;
- Audited, in collaboration with CBI experts, the short-listed companies in order to obtain insights in companies’ current export strengthens and weaknesses;
- Prepared, in co-operation with CBI expert, final audit reports with recommendations and sent them to CBI for final company selection.
Fresh Studio continues to support the selection processes of food ingredient companies for the ECP.
A recently signed agreement between VIETRADE and CBI emphasizes the likelihood that more Vietnamese business will contribute in the ECP.