Fresh Studio launched the IT extension support system for agronomists and farmers. The pilot software has two main elements and is developed using the agile software development methodology. An online demonstration of the system is available soon.
1. Agriculture Helpdesk
Allows agronomists and farmers to digitally access information about pests and diseases, crop protection products, and other main agriculture practice documentation.
- Access better farming techniques that ultimately will improve production of safe vegetables in quantity and quality.
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ) built up, capturing tacit knowledge which will ease the work of agronomists in the future.
- Able to provide targeted trainings based on the main FAQ.
2. Extension support
Allows agronomists to digitally report on visits to farmers. Currently reporting is done on paper with a number of unnecessary repetitions of work for agronomists and management.
- Avoid double entry of work which allows agronomists to spend more time in the field and thus dedicate more time to advise farmers
- Faster feedback looping to agronomists for better planning of visits to farmers and advice on actions to take for farmers
- Faster feedback looping to farmers about on-farm implementation of Good Agricultural Practices (GAP)
- Optimize computation and analysis of field visit reports
Hi-World is an IT software development company based in Hanoi, Vietnam. A team of programmers worked closely with the team of Fresh Studio on requirements, development and testing of both the web-based application as the mobile Android application which will be launched next month.
The BoP Innovation Center (BoPInc) accelerates the number and impact of inclusive innovations in low-income markets. Inclusive innovations serve the demand of the poor and create shared value for all stakeholders involved. BoPInc incubates these innovations, shares learnings and improves the enabling environment.
www.bopinc.orgAlso interesting to read: